Saturday 10 July 2010

An emotional evening....

While in Southern Leyte, I had the opportunity to not only visit the memorial at the site of the 2006 landslide, I also witnessed one of the most heart-wrenching plays I have ever seen, put on by a group of children and youth, to share their memories of the day that the landslide occurred and devastated their community.....

They were a little shy at first....



...but once the dramatization began, I don't think I blinked for about 45 mins! It is difficult to put into words the emotions ran through the crowd, watching as the children acted out their school day....



...and some activities in their community....



....followed by the absolute horror of the landslide (which left thousands dead and wiped out almost an entire school)....



...followed by their passion for their future!


(and someday when I have a decent internet connection, I will upload the video!)

No comments:

Post a Comment